Wednesday 1 December 2010

Why I am a Christian: Honesty & Integrity

I've begun to think about why I'm a Christian after reading a blog post on http://www.reverendelder.blogspot.com/ last week. One reason why I proclaim Christ is because I believe in the commandments. I believe in honesty and being a good citizen.

I decided just the other day that the phone I really want is a red blackberry pearl to match my glasses and every other red accessory that I wear to accent my outfits. I went to sit down at Scripps outside for lunch and was reading through Yasmine's blog post when I realized that no one was coming back to claim the red blackberry pearl phone with the matching red blackberry cover that had been laying on my table all along. The doors closed, everyone went on about their day, and it was just me and the blackberry of my dreams.

Rather than pocketing it, I used it for what I hoped to be a testimony for its owner. I found her mom's number, called her at work, and asked her what she would like for me to do with the phone. She told me that her daughter worked at the Motley and asked that I take it there. So I said sure, thanked her for her time, and told her to let her daughter know that THERE IS A GOD.

What would you have done in this situation? and what would you have done if you had family and friends making arguments of why it was probably meant to be for you to take advantage of the situation? 

When I was leaving Scripps this made me think a little bit about what it means to be a good citizen and follow God's example. I pray that this act inspires you to let God use you by being an example and doing what's right because people are watching, learning, and taking note. I am reminded that our true identity is who we are when no one is looking. When tempted to do something shady, even if it could be argued that there is nothing that bad about doing something, ask yourself "what would Jesus do?"

WWJD!

Like the song says, we want to be just like Jesus. He's a pretty cool dude, and it's an honor to model my life after His, as a Christian.

God bless you, Stay Strong

#goodfight

No comments:

Post a Comment