Wednesday 1 December 2010

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!
To say the past three days has been easy would be a lie. I've been tempted to create my own rules concerning this fast several times and just this afternoon I was really close to just getting a cookie,, when I decided to chill and just ask God if this was okay. As soon as I was done praying I felt a tap on my shoulder and it Kyra- that was God right there answering my prayers. So,, yes I did not eat that cookie. But I still need help in that regard, Sometimes I hear voices that tell me I can switch up my fast a little, because its all about the heart and what I eat doesn't really affect my heart, etc. I know these words are all from the devil and I want you all to join me in prayer so I can stay true to the commitment I made to you and to God.
 
Another important thing that has happened to me so far. Today, I woke up later than I expected to and during my shower I heard a voice that said to read Isaiah chapter 46. I did not have the chance to read it till an hour later and the last verse got my attention. It reads,
 
I am bringing my righteousness near,
   it is not far away;
   and my salvation will not be delayed.
I will grant salvation to Zion,
   my splendor to Israel.
 
As soon as I read this I knew God is with me and is earnestly listening to our prayers. Also, I've been reading Romans since the beginning of the fast and yesterday I was stuck at this passage in Romans chapter 5:
 
Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
 
God did not let me read these verses for nothing and I am completely convinced that he is truly listening to us.
 
Last thing, I promise. Yesterday I found out that a girl at Scripps had to fly to Switzerland for a family emergency. I was convicted to send her an email telling her I'm Christian and if she didn't mind I would like to pray for he. She replied my email about 5/6 hours later, telling me what was going on(her mom is dyeing). She is not a believer and she is tired of going through pain(her mom has been sick for a long time). I do not know what God's will is concerning her mom's life, but I do know whatever happens will be to the glory of his name. I ask that you all please pray with me that through this experience Sophie will come to know God in a special way.
 
That would be all for now.
 
Love you all,
Yasmine.
 
Sincerely,
Yasmine Sampomaa Acheampong
Scripps College '14
A tree is known by its fruit

2 comments:

  1. WOW Yasmine!

    I'm so encouraged by your post. Firstly, i understand that whole thing about making your own rules because I was certainly tempted with that. And also, the devil was tempting me with words like "no one will ever know", "it will be between you and God", and you know what, God would never say a thing like that to anyone of us. It has been a struggle honestly. Yesterday I had to call some food places to order food for a concert coming up, and the thought of ordering the food and telling them what to get made me hungry..lol
    But I spent the earlier part of yesterday studying about the temptations Christ went through while he was fasting, and the interesting thing was that the first one was about food. The devil certainly wanted Christ to change the rules, so technically he wouldn't be getting food from somewhere, he would just be making do with what he had (turning stones to bread), afterall it wasn't that bad of an idea, right? Hang in there dear, if Jesus went through it, then apparently we have no other options, but we do have victory in him to overcome the devil and resist him just like Jesus did. And if it seems really hard, remember that Christ understands us so much and wants to be there for us because he went through the same thing.

    Thanks for sharing those scriptures, I'll take some time to read them as well.

    Also for the girl at Scripps, thank you for emailing her. I'm sure she must have really appreciated it. I was really smiling hard when I read your post, to see God giving you a heart of compassion to reach the hurting people is wonderful. Keep it up. I'll keep Sophie in my prayers. Please let her know that we as a body (Uprising) will be praying for her, so that she can know she has a body of believers on her campus that care for her. And I join you in seeking that she will encounter God through this time in her life. Maybe we can send her something encouraging in her email as frequently as we can.

    Love ya much,
    Uloma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Yasmine! That really touched me as well.

    ReplyDelete