Tuesday 7 December 2010

Renewal of faith

Hi everyone!

As I shared with you all on Saturday, I am anemic and last week I felt very unwell. On Sunday I decided to break my fast, and yes I started eating "normal" stuff. It was great being able to eat the food I wanted and all, but one thing has been missing from my life for the past 3 days- God's peace. Today, by the Grace of God, I realized that I can and should in fact restart this fast. I realized that the food bit of the fast is a good incentive to seek God throughout the day. When you hunger and thirst physically, your spirit is triggered to seek God. I realized this is what I was missing- the incentive to go before God on behalf of my generation. What has especially made me realize I need to start fasting again is the fact that today I became so overwhelmed with everything I have to do by next Monday, such that I forgot the reason I was supposed to be going before God. I got irritable and fearful- and fear is something that was extinct from my life during the fast.
I really want to pray for my generation, that we will all come back to God and experience his wonderful love, so I am taking a bold step to give up the food I want so that I can come before our father and pray for his children. I ask that you all pray with me, that the devil does not bring sickness back into my life and that I will be daily renewed in this purpose to pray for God's people.
I'm insanely excited to spend more and more time with God, because I do know he is listening to our prayers, and like Blessing said he is surely with us. Praying with Kyra made me realize he has some intense plans for his people and they will come to pass whenever HE decided that it is time.
I pray that everyone be encouraged in this walk and that even after this food fast, we will continually live a fasted life for God.

I have been inspired by Romans chapter 12 and I ask that you ALL read it:

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Humble Service in the Body of Christ
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with youra]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,b]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
Love in Action
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.c]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[c] Do not be conceited.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”d]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”e]" style="font-size: 0.75em; line-height: 0.5em; ">[e]

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

2 comments:

  1. i love this chapter. I'll pray that you continue to be strong even as you fast despite your condition. love u, yasmine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yasmine,
    I want to apologize first for taking so long to tell you this. I was talking to Tayo this afternoon and the Lord used her to convict me for the excuses I have been giving for not telling you this. so here goes:
    I am also anemic and I was also a little worried about the diet thing when it came to the fast but what has kept me going is the fact that this fast was a request by God and He CHOSE us to do it. Before He did that He ALREADY knew that you were anemic but He chose you anyways because He KNEW that you could. He is not going to allow anything to happen to you while you are obeying what He has directed you to do, you know. So there will be times when you feel out of breath (for me it happens during praises and worship) but I would encourage you to keep going strong because who knows, it may be that He will use this fast to heal you. and the devil is a liar. he wants it to appear as though you can't do it because he knows what God wants to and can use you for so he is trying to do anything to block that but I encourage you not to allow him to. Whenever you feel that way, remember that you can do ALL THINGS through CHRIST who STRENGTHENS you and that God promised in Exodus 15:26 that "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, He will not bring on you any of the diseases (He brought on the Egyptians), for He is the LORD, who heals you." so even though the evidence may be saying something different, His Word and our faith in Him tells us that contrary to what we perceive to be the reality, we KNOW in our hearts and through our knowledge of Him that what is happening is just a mirage, a screen of smoke that has no substance; so keep going strong.
    I love you and He loves you too, more than you can imagine. Once again, I am sorry i waited this long to tell you and God richly bless you. :)

    ReplyDelete