Friday 3 December 2010

Something we should Know

2 Samuel 24 vs 15-16
(This was after David had sinned against the Lord and the Lord gave him 3 punishments to choose from) So the Lord sent a plague on Israel from that morning until the end of the time designated and 70,000 of the people from Dan to Beersheba died. When the angel stretched out his hand to destroy Jerusalem, the Lord was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was afflicting the people, "Enough, Withdraw your hand."

Jeremiah 4:19-22
Oh, my anguish, my anguish!
I writhe in pain
Oh, the agony of my heart!
My heart pounds within me,
I cannot keep silent.
For I have heard the sound of the trumpet;
I have heard the battle cry.
Disaster follows disaster;
the whole land lies in ruins.
In an instant my tents are destroyed,
my shelter in a moment.
How long must I see the battle standard
and hear the sound of the trumpet?

My people are fools;
they do not know me.
They are senseless children;
they have no understanding
They are skilled in doing evil;
they know not how to do good.

I just encourage you to read Jeremiah from chapter 1 through 8 when you can.
The Lord is grieved. I encourage you to pray for the church. So many things are going on in a place that has His Name that has nothing to do with Him. We need Grace and Redemption for the places called "The House of the Lord." We need to pray for our pastors, the people that God has entrusted His flock to. We have to pray for them so that they refocus/ keep their focus on God and what He has called them to (teaching the Word/feeding His flock) as opposed to the business of running a church or the politics of running a church.
Acts 6 vs 2
"... "It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables." (This was when the church was growing and people started complaining that some widows were not getting a distribution of the food.)
I actually got this scripture from Joyce Meyer. She used it in the context of delegating but as I was writing the post, I just"felt" (?), anyways, it came into my mind to use it as an example of what God means by focus.

God Richly Bless You! :)

1 comment: