Sunday 5 December 2010

Hey, Fam!

Earlier today, sunday, I had a really strong urge to pray. So, I texted a few people to see if they wanted to join me, and the only person that agreed was Yasmine. So, we set up a time to meet later in the evening to pray together. Before our meeting, I went to Frary to get dinner and I saw one of the workers that I'm friends with at the register (she's a Christian, too). One of the first things she said to me was "girl, you need to pray for these students!" As soon a she said that I felt a confirmation that I sensed the strong urge for prayer for a reason. Things seem to be getting worse and Satan is loving where he has these campuses. My friend explained to me how a group of students came into the dining hall intoxicated and caused so much chaos. They were throwing things, drinking their beer right in front of her face, placing the empty beer cans on the dish rack, and just being obnoxious. As soon as she started calling for her manager on her walkie talkie the group began to file out. But then they snuck into one of the private rooms and drank their beer in there (they were determined to drink as much as they could). When they finally left, she said that the room reaked and the restrooms smelled like vomit. She explained how she used to be an alcoholic, partier, and evrything they were. so, it was hard for her to see her old self in those students. Family, we need to pray even harder! Things are escalating, therefore we should escalate. Allow God to keep pushing you in prayer. don't get discouraged because nothing seems to be happening, but trust that in his timing He will "heal our land."

1 comment:

  1. amen.. amen. I couldn't make it out to pray with you but I definitely paused and went before God for a nice hour in my room. God bless you sis.

    ReplyDelete