Tuesday 14 December 2010

Life after fasting..

Hey Fam,

I hope you are all doing well, and studying intensely for your finals and getting ready to head home. I just wanted to share what has been going on with me since Saturday night, and maybe I'm the only one who is going through this but hey!

It has definitely been to keep my prayer life back in track like it was during the fast. I feel my old self sort of settling in slowly on me. Getting comfortable and logging in to facebook, and eating anything I want, and I sense the Holy Spirit letting me know that this is a trap. This morning I had an extensive conversation with the Lord and he has just been letting me know that this is going to be a fight for me. As hard as it was to get into the fast and have things normalize at some point, is as hard as it is for us to live a fasted life continually. There has to be a lot of deliberate decision-making for the Lord. There has to be a hunger for him and a fear of him that transcends all things.

As for me, I'm fighting to continue in a consistent prayer life, and to continually praying for the same things we fasted for. God draws near to those who first draws near to him.
Remember to go to the deep ends for the Lord, and let this Holiday be the most unique one you have ever encountered!

And when you get a chance checkout www.setapartgirl.com
Love you all,

Uloma.

No comments:

Post a Comment