Friday 3 December 2010

Hey, Fam:
 
On Wednesday I found myself going through my old notes in the journal I keep specifically for note-taking. So, I came across some notes I took in church over the summer and the topic was...REVIVAL! There are a few key points I really wanted to share with you all. I'm going to modify my notes a little so that you will understand what it says:
The Key to Revival:
1) Obedience
-It's time to come into TOTAL obedience
2) Cleansing (mind, spirit, emotions)
3) Empty vessels (this needs to happen before God fills me)
4) Use what I have
-I have to release what's already inside of me
5) Now God fills me up
6) Change happens
-with this revival comes change/transformation
-God is calling on his people to believe on him again
*There are some things you can get in privacy with God
-prayer brings revival
 
I was sooooo amazed when I found those notes the other day. They are right on point with the very things we are seeking God for and they hit on some important steps that need to be made in order to reach the goal of revival. We have to rightfully position ourselves before we see God move on our behalf;this includes humility and the abandonment of self before God. I have definitely been seeing (very clearly) how weak I am w/o the Spirit of God and just how much I don't have any room for pride, conceit, haughtiness, arrogance....you name it. This breaking and humbling process isn't the best feeling, but it def is a necessary step we all have to take on this journey toward revival we have embarked on. Humility is the door that we cannot go around.
 
Be encouraged,
Kyra  

2 comments:

  1. Its funny that you should post this. I feel like God has been leading me down this path throughout this fast. God Bless You! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Nelly (or third Kyra), all my studies, and devotions have been focused around the same thing.

    It also reminds me of the scripture I was reading yesterday:
    "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray" - 1 Peter 4:7
    I think the only way to get to a clear minded and a self-controlled place is when we seperate ourselves from the things of the world that is constantly pulling on us. And I think fasting certainly gives us a headway to that.

    I appreciate this post Kyra. It really looks like my personal journal entries so far. I pray that we are all willing to be obedient and give up ourselves so that we can be filled with him.
    God can't fill us up if we don't empty ourselves - we can't empty ourselves if we don't humble ourselves - we can't humble ourselves if we are not obedient to the Lord - which means that Revival won't take place in our hearts or else where. #Justathought.

    ReplyDelete