Wednesday 1 June 2011

Lost

Hi guys,


I hope everyone is doing fantastic! My internship is going great, thank you all for your prayers because that is what got me here and is taking me through my days at work. Its slightly difficult getting used to the 8 hour work day, but I'm sure with time that will be sorted out.
Ok, to the main point of this blog post. Sisters, I feel LOST. More than I've ever been in a long time. For the past week I can count how many times I've prayed/thought about God etc. I'm going through so many emotions that I've forgotten that God can help me with such stuff too. Its so weird. I'm not motivated to do anything at all and its really bugging me. I really miss having my Christian community around me, but I also know that this is the real world and after 4 years at Scripps I won't be with you all.
That being said I really need your prayers to help me focus on my Jesus. I really need all these emotional thoughts and feelings to just go away because they've taken my mind of God and are causing me too give too much attention to my flesh and my feelings etc.
Please pray for your sister in Christ because I really need my Jesus back.
Have a great week:)


Sincerely,
Yasmine Sampomaa Acheampong
Scripps College '14
A tree is known by its fruit

2 comments:

  1. Yasmine I completely understand. I got home and started working right away, Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 everyday. It's definitely been harder to spend time with God ever since I got home. I've noticed that the less time I spend in scripture the more I am vulnerable to sin which makes complete sense because scripture is the one weopon of offense that God gives in our armor (Ephesians 6). So, eventhough it's been really hard I'm trying my best to get my time with Jesus and scripture in because that's one of the ways that I can fight off whatever is trying to bring me down. You can do it! I know that God has you there for a reason :) Don't let anything bring you down or keep you from fulfilling the purpose with which God sent you there. Will keep you in my prayers and remember, nothing can seperate us from the love of Christ :)
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, how are things going now. I'm usually on skype sometimes. What's your skype name so that we can talk.
    Remember our last officially Bible study last semester when we talked about your identity in Christ? Hold on to that, and don't forget who your Father in Heaven says you are.

    Miss you dearly, and I look forward to talking soon.

    ReplyDelete