Friday 17 June 2011

My first post...of the summer

Hey, Family! I'm soooo sorry it's taken me forever to post something since the summer began. Just know that I have read all of your posts and I have been praying for you all. God is seriously growing me and helping me develop a life of prayer...not just a few prayers every so often. It's been a challenge and still is, but I'm trusting him to turn me into the intercessor He has preordained me to be for Him. Right now I simply want to share the lyrics to a song I composed (well, I'm in the process of composing). I just got out of deep prayer and before I moved out of my posture of worship, I told the Lord "I'm gonna lay right here so you can speak to me, until you release me." Within the the next few minutes he brought back to my rememberance this song I wrote a few years ago entitled "Cry for Release" (that was kind of funny to me. Get it? The word 'release'? lol). Well, I just thought I'd share the lyrics with you all. I hope they minister to you as they did to me:

Give me a song the angels can't sing,
Take me to a place that I haven't seen.
All the inner me has been revealed,
My desires are no longer concealed.
I wanna go beyond reality,
To get as close as I can get to thee.

This is my cry for release,
This is my cry for release.
I'll run to you, run to you, I'll run...

Cry for release (cry!)
Cry for release (cry!) [End]

*I know that there is more to this Christian life than just merely reading the Bible, going to church, and singing songs.There has to be MORE. So, in this song I cry out to God for a new level, new dimension, and new glory in him that I know exists. I don't want to become content with where I am in my relationship. So, I set aside all my pride and cry out for a release into the MORE of God and the new life I have in Him. I can be confident that He hears my cry, too....Psalms 18:6 says "In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from his temple, And my cry came before him, even to his ears." I'm ready to CRY OUT!

Love,
Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment