Wednesday 25 May 2011

Prayers

Hi :)

It's been a bit hard spending so much time with my family for the first time since I met Jesus. I find that they don't understand a lot of the things I believe in now, and it's frustrating sometimes. I have prayed about it and received guidance, but I wanted to ask for your prayers as well, and maybe since I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with this, we could pray for everyone struggling with time away from the Christian community at school.

I know God has amazing things planned for us this summer and that He will reveal everything we need to do in due time. I'm so glad that we never have to fear, or worry, or give into despair. He is so good! It doesn't quite feel that way right now, but it doesn't matter because we know the truth.

3 comments:

  1. Hey my love
    You my dear, are one of the most amazing people I have ever met...true story :) Your heart and your patience just reaches out to me, and as an impatient person myself, I look at you and say to my daddy, there's an example for me. If you can show me that then you can definitely show your family that, but it's not your job, you just live for Christ and that light of yours will shine right through you. Stay centered on him (I also need help with that), and He'll take care of everything. Pray for me also as it's hard to live faithfully without my community around me.
    And yes, God is good, so so good! I just feel like Paul right now, Rejoice in the Lord always! And again, i say rejoice :)
    Blessing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tayo, honestly speaking, I understand what you are going through, I've been there, and to some degree I'm somewhere near the same place you are right now. First off it was hard being the only one pressing in to know more of God in my family, but now I've taken it one step further with wanting to go on a missions trip...to Cambodia of all places. My family members don't see the reason why I would jeopardize my safety, in the name of God. I believed that out of everyone, they would be my most support and I relied on asking them for financial assistance, but all of that has been ripped off right under my feet. They have been quite hard on me and it's been hard.
    I miss my Christian community so much it's ridiculous, but there are some battles that we can't fight with our arms linked together. And I think this summer we will all face those kind of battles, but like you said, God is amazingly good. He has equipped us with all we need to live this life of godliness. He has your back more than you ever will have your own back, and he has surrounded you with people who will pray for and with you.
    I agree that we should all be praying this summer for one another and for the struggles that we will be facing and going through.
    Also, please y'all pray for Niffner and her family with all this tornado stuff going on in Arkansas.
    Stay blessed Tayo, and I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww B and Uloma, it was such an encouragement to read this. Will be praying <3

    ReplyDelete